Monday, July 28, 2014

Placidity

the month of july is slipping to an end...and this post is like a placement marker...

I remain thankful, especially because it has really been a month of placidity....not that it was uneventful, every week, there were many communications from various quarters, and quite pleasant. The decision to change status whilst keeping teaching duties has been a good one. It helps that teaching remains my love and the kids have been lovely. Gratifying to see the progress, and earnestness to learn in some. It wont be easy to say goodbye when the time comes. But it is at least on the right note hopefully.

I never know when storm will brew form which quarter, and it is rare to have a placidity lasting for such length of time and that is something I am very grateful. Given the chaos and catastrophe around the world, one learns to be grateful and see things in perspective. Especially when one sees the immense grief of many in the air disasters.....

Keeping up regularity in exercise especially in swimming probably has been helpful in more ways than one. I do feel healthy, something I wouldn't dare say in the past. Joint aches however has set in again, I guess, its somewhat cyclical, and at times its really a bane. And acupuncture can be really painful (like today, sigh), but it has helped immensely with the shoulders and back. Overall, I would still say, I am probably in the best state of health than I ever was. Abit ironical....health was never on my side in youth.

There are a lot to do still, a lot that remains undone. Taking each day placidly. There are times that I do wish to do more, and wish I could do more. But, I guess, a little good, for a little someone, each day suffices.

There are aches still within the soul and heartaches too....but, I can smile and say, that's life. I only wish to see happiness for others. And for all the goodness and kindness that I receive each day, nothing is taken for granted. Over this period, J and K's companionship, and zh prescribing brownee's medication that really helped her...it was painful to see her unwell... I am very grateful.

Placidity. Is a good word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home