Saturday, February 11, 2012

summary of the week...

The past week has been very unfruitful. First of all, I am continually tired. And it just doesnt make sense to work like that. So, I did the bare necessary only....

Then 8 feb was mum's 2nd anniversary....

Took time to meet up with ld and sl. No matter how busy, i want to keep in touch with people. I want to keep a balanced perspective of things.

ls eye op on tues. She seemed ok on wed, but thurs, there was a terrible scare. For some moments, the prospect of her losing most of her vision loomed darkly. As at this moment, it seemed that may be a temporary phase, and things may not be that bad....

I remembered that moment when she rang me, and the fear in her voice. I dropped all remedials and left to fetch her to hospital. As usual, I remained calm. It reminded me of the many times that I had to do this, for dad, for mum, for others...

I wondered vaguely who would i call if i was in dire need. Its one thing, when I still can take on responsibilities though it is really no longer the same. I have to admit, I am tired. Very. But ls and ky are on par with sk to me. So, the Lord preserve me and my strength to help them.

I hope ls diminishing sight can be preserved for as long as possible....

My perspective of life is always clear: I have lived my life. Do what I can for those who need me. I am happy to depart, to be with the Lord. I am tired....And I think of those who had grown up with me, and claimed they will walk with me and share my burden. Where are you?

===========================================
Today is at least a non-tiring day, and somewhat fruitful, in that i got the lesson plan out for the scheduled video clipping component of my assignment. It took weeks to brew it out, reading, thinking, bouncing off thoughts off ld....Dont know how the lesson will go, but i am satisfied with what i came up with... a lesson from a different perspective... and totally new approach.

I enjoy teaching. Very much.

Yet I am torn. Between the different spectrum of learners that I can reach out. Between the different facets of education that I can serve. Where is the greater need?

I enjoy my friday evening course, and the short chats with ga. He said do what you want to do. I wish i know what i really want. I know nush and nush kids occupy a big place in my heart. It is my dream school, and where my heart is. But would i really be able to do anymore good for them?

maybe i should opt out of all school systems.... i guess i will in a matter of time. Its a question of when.

=================================

This week, there were more contacts than usual from people I knew before, ex colleagues, ex students...
It is always good to hear from people who remembers well of you.

=================================
for the moment, alot needs to be done at all fronts....its going to be hard work continually...

actually it is a lonely pathway. Somehow, I remain alone in my thoughts and in the things I set out to do... What I take comfort is, from people who knew me from a child, from school-days, from the start of my vocation till now, they said the same to me: You didnt change.Yes, I didnt. I remain in my own independence, in pathway, in ideals, in thoughts. And I am glad I remain so.

Not without price. But, above all things, to thy own self be true. I kept my course, and still strive toward the same cause. But no longer with the same energy....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home