Sunday, January 15, 2012

End of Week 2 in 2012

Wrote a very long post yesterday, but decided to un-publish it. Too long a discourse over abstract ideas.

Actually, things are fairly pleasant. The transition has been much smoother than I expected. And, though I am really kept busy, the stress is totally different. In fact, quite refreshing. And positive. It always feel good to be able to reach out to students, and hopefully helped them reach their potential.

For Masters course, only 2 more modules, one on Friday night, and another in the June break. With only one evening lesson, that also reduced stress immensely. I will miss the classes when it end by March. It has been a very good learning process and interaction. Meantime, I have to wait for the administrative process which takes SO LONG, before I can start collecting my research data. Meantime, alot, alot of reading, thinking, reflecting, and writing which I hadnt started.

Have a mac to play with! And with cool software as well! And alot of learning opportunities. Both L and tls really look out for me in this respect, which I really enjoy.

Do I miss nush? Actually, no. Only the kids. And some of the colleagues.

I am thankful that in stepping out of an environmentally comfort zone, it does not in any way dampen that zest in education. In fact, that became clearer, and in many ways, the contribution is wider. And there are opportunities for greater depth of thought and reflection.

I also realise, I need not 'seek for direction'. At my age, I just need to enjoy what I am doing, and contribute meaningfully. Most important of all, to help pave the way for the next generation.

Apart from a heavy heart worrying about a couple of situations, I must say, I feel at ease with the things I am doing, especially because it allows more room to serve, and help in more meaningful context. And that includes personal, professional and intellectual development.

And for the kids that I miss, I must thank social media for giving me avenues to share their lives, and also the many ways of communication. Looking forward to seeing them....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home