Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011

Overall, to say it has not been a bad year is an understatement. Really, to be fair, it has been a good year. Especially in relation to the years I had left behind.

In terms of work, if I was to see it wrt teaching per se, this year was closest to 2008, and really one of my best teaching years. Although, I still think I should and could have done better in delivery. The kids deserved alot more credit than I.

In terms of personal accomplishment, taking on the Masters has been a real enrichment and added a dimension to my personal development. Having good lecturers and coursemates also enhanced learning.

Healthwise, this past month, recovering from the interminable headaches, having only 6 out of 31 days is a big plus plus.

Moving to dakota, and sharing a little of the family life of sk, from time to time, is another consolation.

Friends ~ I would say, there are alot more gains than losses. It is not that I dont mind the loss, I do. But, it takes 2 hands to clap. Especially stepping into the relative unknown, you know who are walking with you. And I am grateful. And for the many wonderful colleagues with touches of kindness, I will never forget.

With ky and ls, it has been a very hard year. At least for the moment, there is calmness. I hope, the bond will hold to then end. That, I will give my utmost to maintain.

Opportunities have been much more than expected. And more diverse. Material wise, it may seem a huge loss, but by whose valuation?
--------------------------------------------------------------
2011 began with end of rv, but the beginning of dakota; end of nush, but not the end to dreams, ideals and teaching.

2011 ~ no great highs, but also no deep troughs. Despite the finality, there is a tranquility.

So really, it is a good year.

If I was to state what is my best achievement for 2011, I would say keeping bonds, friends(and that include my 'grown' 403s and the many special students)

If I was to list people I would specially thank, then here are my list: ld, vl, sy, dc, ncl, kyc, pc, ws, tk, pl, el, kuech. The extra mile they have gone to stand by; the patience and true friendship have made 2011 a good year. Thank you very much.

Good Bye 2011

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home