Friday, December 30, 2011

天下无不散之筵席

yes, it is finally over. at least at this point.
for one moment, I thought I was going to crack when tsc hugged me goodbye. But i managed to hold back.

i knew it would be hard. And so it was. Thankfully, sy's timely visit helped. I was accompanied the whole day. had lunch with a large group, but i didnt enjoy that.

when I finally drove out.... that was a horrible moment.... ld, vl, sy accompanied me for ice cream and they stayed with me and chatted and took dinner together. This was the first team of people I had worked with at the start four years ago. Minus one. So we have come a long way together, and have build a strong bond. And all 4 of us are moving in different directions. But becos we were bonded by values with kindness and respect almost like a family, i didnt feel any loss about them, which really helps alot.

Though I will miss the warmth especially at my lorong, and the special sharing with ld most, it is not missing the people that hurts. Many have become from colleagues to firm friends. In that sense, with quite a few of them, it is not a goodbye, with so many means of contact. The next 2 days alone, there will be gatherings of 2 different groups and it is nice. I half wonder if sy has timed his 'need' to be here to settle things at this time to help me tide through. Whatever it is, i really appreciate it.

It was not my intention to make this decision at the start of the year. But that it was made, I abided by it. The price is high, but I was aware of it.

whatever that led to this decision is not the point. I need to find myself, and my direction.

Would I return? I may, and am grateful that the door is opened for me to do so. That also helped. If I am certain the contribution is positive. I may.

For the moment, I need to.... recover. And move on....

Sad, but i know it could be worse.... and it had been much much worse.

=========================
there is something abt chinese sayings.... very perceptive

路遥知马力, 日久见人心。

马善被人骑, 人善被人欺。

=========================================
brownee is sick... sigh....


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home