Friday, January 18, 2013

ln remembrance

A year has passed... the verses below were written a year ago, when i got the news...  due to the sensitivities then, i kept it as a draft.

I visited him twice toward the end. The first, there was a glimmer of a tear...he seemed to know....i thought he could hear me...

the second, he drifted further away.

I will remember you always, my student. I wish I had done more.... earlier.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If I call,
can you hear?

If I tell you,
it mattered to me who you are,
would you believe me?

If i tell you,
I cared, but was too busy to show,
would you forgive me?

the wilderness has swallowed you up.
you traversed
from wilderness to wilderness;
from loneliness to loneliness
from aloneness to aloneness
from obscurity to obscurity
from silence to deeper silence

which wilderness is kinder
i do not know
i only know i should have told you
you mattered
but i didnt

I should have told you
there is hope
but i didnt.

I should have
patted your shoulder
but i didnt


and when i did....
..........did you hear?

when i held your hand....
......did you know?

helpless grief
indelible pain

engulf
in
stony silence
as you passed on....













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home