Tuesday, January 8, 2013

one week into 2013

Honestly, it is a luxury not to report to work. :) I have to admit I am actually relieved. My inertia the last 2 months seemed wasted, yet it was somewhat like a time of hibernation, and somehow, it helped to leave some things behind....

The last week has been very busy.Am very thankful for the extra extra mile that the blss boys had gone to, esp, ck and kt. Three trips to ikea and assmblying through the night....they really were superb....i am really speechless at their enthusiasm and support.

Disorganised mess is gradually turning into organised mess. The rooms are gradually taking shape.... I will get things in order...it had been a long time, that I took the trouble to make arrangements looked nice....by long time, i really mean, long, ten years. I think I am walking out of it.

I also realised over these months, that one does not quite understand another in a particular phase of life until one treads the path. I now understand mum's insulated frame and her fears alot more.... And dad's aloneness... with him, i keep wanting to say sorry....but its too late...

As to the different phases, will probably write about it another time. For the moment, I am just looking forward to clearing the mess accumulated over the years, and not unpacked... I need to get organised and start working on my dissertation....I really need to get a sense of urgency.

When I saw j2's quilting work, it brought to mind the handicraft work and sewing that i had enjoyed. It did kindle some spark in me.....lets see how far i can get started again...have also been doing quite abit of cooking though it really take up alot of time.

Restart my music lesson last week... i wont go far with it, but with music, it helps to keep the mind active in learning. Because it is an area of weakness, it exercises the mind and coordination, and i do want to keep it up to keep alert.

Another change i made was finally to move from prepaid phone line to a fixed line, and move onto smart phone. I had been contemplating...for a year. I needed a convincing reason to move onto it. I dont believe in adopting changes to be ahead or for changes sake. I was finally convinced when the blss kids were at my place for dinner, and ivan related how he helped his parents adapt to the change. His sincerity in understanding my preference for simplicity was quite touching. I was also thankful for the help they rendered in helping with explaining the different schemes and the different aspects of the phones and making the transition smooth. I am still not adept, but I guess, I did take another step.

I no longer rush to meet deadlines. It is a luxury. Not without cost. But, its worthwhile. There is a quietude and placidity. The progress of clearing the mess is rather slow, but there is movement forward.

I must keep moving forward, and look up......

One week into the year ~ I am grateful. Very.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home