Sunday, February 19, 2012

Miscellaneous thoughts...

met up with 2 boys on thurs, now 24 and 25 respectively ~they are cousins, malaysians, and i tutored them 8-9 years ago, and both went australia and graduated, one will be starting work soon in sydney, the other continuing on masters in aust.

Gratifying to meet them, esp the younger one who wanted to meet to tell me the reason why he wanted to catch up. And the things he remembered from advice given then, which he said he recalled from time to time to this day, was touching. I remembered him well~ his quietness and introversion.... didnt realise it would matter that much. And i am glad to see his growth...

In life, if you can help someone for the moment,it is already meaningful. And if the impact can last for a long period, it is a rich reward.
had also had more indepth conversations with a few kids. And it is again, meaningful....

===============================
i still dont know where i will go from here. But I do know, what is more important is to make every day counts.....

Some people 'plan' and 'worry', for the days/things they wish they would have/could do in future, and in doing so, they did not live the days in the present.

someone wrote me a message and wished me to be happy always. I may be sad from time to time. But in my way, I am happy. Because I have no 'needs' and no 'wants'. I really have lived my life, perhaps not as well; perhaps not successful; perhaps utterly not significant. But in my way, I have not lived it in vain.

And what makes me happy is to see each of my kids growing up, and living their life well....



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home