Sunday, July 25, 2010

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love." Sophocles



"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love." Sophocles

I subscribed to a daily quotation email, and this was the quote of the day for today....and it couldnt be more appropriate. I couldnt put it better.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the last entry, alot of thoughts came to my mind... especially thinking of my mentees, ....past and present; young and not so young....it take me a life time to come to some understanding of freedom and contentment.... they still have such a long way to go...

Freedom and Duty, are they in opposition? Can i speak of freedom so freely had I been bound by heavy duty?

I can only say, I always had choice, and I exercised my choice toward duty. I was not compelled. Hence I dont regret. My only regret, as I always said, is I didnt do enough for those I love.

Each and every being has to search for their direction, and destiny... in the course of doing so, we may err; we may stray; we may be hurt and worse we may hurt others;

When there is alot of turmoil, alot of conflicts, and continual turbulence beyond our control, and may stretch it seems forever.... for me, in every such circumstances, the above quote says it all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is love? 1 Corinthians 13 defines it best:

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind;

Charity envieth not; charity vqaunteth not itself, is not puffed up;

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own.....

Beareth all things, hopeth all thing, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth."


It never fails, even though it does seem to. I dont need to be loved, to love. I care because I care.
My dear friends, be patient in life's journey. You have a long way to traverse. Keep positive.




不在乎天长地久

只在乎曾经拥有


I was taken aback by this saying when I first heard it and actually didnt agree initially. When young, you want everything good to last. But in truth it doesnt. I then saw the essence of these words....Its good to look back that there had been good times, and we miss it. Be glad we have had the good times to miss. In life it is really impossible to seek for forever. So be positive, and move on...

[Realise it is safer for me to qualify: that by the above quote, I am refering to the good times that we share along life's pathway.... I am not refering to 'special relationship' that is meant to be lifetime commitment.]

when there is pain or hurt, we do need time to nurse it; like the young fledgings in the nest... and when your wings are strengthened, you will set flight again.

As a mentor, whether to past and present classes, whether to all those who had been or could have been my students............ i watch, observe, wait.....sometimes keeping silence which at times is more helpful...


....i know u all will take flight... and when u do, and can fly and be free (including doing duty which is a freedom when viewed in the right perspective).....

....remember if you can:


"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love." Sophocles

I would be most gratified if u all do so. By love, I mean it in the broadest sense: love to fellow beings, comrades, friends, family, and our country...


------------------------------------------------------

The entry of these words are from one who had lived by the words she wrote; despite things that had happened in life that was beyond her control...

I have ventured forward and live life. I have not been ruled by circumstances nor do I lay blame or anyone or any situation. On the contrary, I am very grateful....
I have loved, dare to love, and continue to love especially my many kids, and mentees, both young and adult... that is why I still remain in the education realm...

In my downsittings, i tell myself, if this is the last day i live, i want it to be able to do what little good possible....dont live your life in vain... rest and hibernate when you need to especially in times of pain.... but after that: remember love, in its true entity, never fails...











Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home