Sunday, July 11, 2010

update.. weakness...thanks!



past week was very busy...work is beginning to stack up....
but it was a good week especially the 1.5 day training session I attended. Its been a very very long time that I had signed up for a course on a full school day... so was refreshed.
Glad to meet Selvathi... didnt realise she had returned back to moe... it must be at least 7 years that we were out of touch...Both of us remarked to one another that after one whole long cycle, both of us returned back to our first love: our vocation. She is a lovely person...



at my piano lesson today, Chris was telling me to improve on articulation, (I am really really bad, both inherently and lack of practice) and I said to her, this is my weak point. And she said weak point is to be corrected. There shouldnt be weak points. The mark of a good teacher.



And I took note of it: the mark of a good student.
For those who persist in believing that they should strengthen their strengths and cover up their weaknesses, excusing it with archilles tendon, they should really ponder: A chain is as strong as its weakest link. The point of weakness will make or break you.



Thankfully, music is only a past-time for me...nevertheless I will take heed more because of the fact that I want to keep my mind and response sharp and alert and work on areas that my mind (brain ) does not exercise in ie coordination. I dont want to be a burden to the young in my advanced years.



ok...short of time to write.... and the lovely picture was drawn by a student... thank u very much!




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home