Sunday, December 22, 2013

return to simplicity...

I read this in fb. someone wrote, how does one measure success, by whose standard? someone replied, why must success be measured?

these words struck my mind. among the many reasons for my downsittings these days, is perhaps my own measure of myself this year, and as the year come very close to the end, perhaps cumulatively, it reflects many many empty pages. I never measure by tangibility, much less materially. but I guess it would have been good to be a little more fruitful? and at least, accomplishing what one should and could?

why must I measure? taking stock is good. it brings one to a pause. looking back itself is also good. learning takes place when one looks back and reflect. Not regret.

but sometimes, it may be too painful to take stock. especially when waning seeps in.....that will, that drive, that focus and determination that had characterised me.....that had also hit me hard, the waning.... but one can wane graciously.


=======================
what I have learnt to do, each day, now, no matter the inner being, to do a little good each day, and that day is counted meaningful. something as little, as teaching t2, to spell thirteen in a way he enjoys. little good is sufficient. this is how I encourage myself each day.

return to simplicity, ssh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home