Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ms Sie < 3 403 Event

This event came about because with the university term starting soon, and those going abroad will be flying off some time in aug/sept, its a gathering to catch up before the parting. With 2 girls not in Spore, 19 out of 21 came were definitely more than i had hoped for. It was particularly nice to see those who had not been here, and those who had not been in touch.

There was alot of noise, alot of exchanges, alot of cross-talks....just seeing them....make me happy. I see the subtle growth and change in some....and wondered what they would be like, some ten years, twenty years on....

I can understand why sometimes parents dont want to see their kids grow up. But seeing them growing up is also gratifying! The boys have really come out well through the NS stint....they have taken it so much better and much more positively than I had anticipated. I really realised 2 years of service is really a sacrifice for every male citizen. The girls have been good to be supportive and hearing their escapades.

It was a nice 6 hour session.... i admit, i wish it could be longer. But book-out time is precious, and they have to share the this short freedom amidst competing demands. That they are almost all here is really very good.

i realised also for some of them, it may be a long time before i see them again. And in many ways, it is unlikely to have such a big company together in this manner again. Whoever who came up with 天下无不散之宴席,spoke aptly.

I cant deny that it is not without that feeling of loss, to see them leave. But I am also fully aware that I am very fortunate to have such lovely students that had made alot of difference for me over the last 4 years. I am very content, and happy.

Rachel was the one that came out with the name of the event: Ms Sie <3 403.  I thought it was a strange title for a gathering event. But now I see how appropriate it is. Yes, i wanted to see them cos to me they are like my children, and yes, I do <3 403.  I really, really, really want to see each and every one of them safe, well, and happy. Honestly, i am very proud of them.

jm asked me if i was going to their passing out parade. I do have regular music lesson at that time. And dl said, but 403 is the music of your life. It came across rather spontaneously and though it was said in jest, it touched a chord. I will probably try to make it just to have one more occasion to be with them....

Thus ended this day, a lovely day, with a special Ms Sie <3 403 event..... awaiting gy to upload the photos.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home