Sunday, July 17, 2011

缘分

The blss boys kt, j, and v dropped by, and it was another 4-5 of interesting conversation. Actually some of the boys are the stronger students whom I really taught for a short period. But somehow the bond is stronger with this group, and they make it a point to keep in touch. Cant explain why. 缘分?

Every time I meet up with them, i would consider many many things....

when one is young, time is a 'commodity' that seems plenteous. In many ways, alot of my dreams remain unfulfilled, and I dont see they ever will be. Yet in many ways, alot have been fulfilled also.

I met ss a few days ago for a very long talk.... I said, my happiest moments are in classrooms, and when I stepped out of class knowing at least 70-80% of my students have learnt is really a joy. And really I have that joy for many lessons in a week. I was surprised when he said to me, I envy you. Maybe I am more easily contented, and his expectations of his teaching is much higher?

It was then that I realised not many people can work and enjoy what they do, and attain joy from it or have that sense of satisfaction that I have when I teach. So really amongst teachers, I think I really am fortunate. No wonder he said I envy you. Would it be the same for me if it were not the same classes, not the same school? 缘分? I dont know. Probably not. This lot of students have been really wonderful.

But whenever I meet up with the blss boys, it seemed my greatest impact (at least that I know of) is with them. And one of them will definitely be going into teaching. It encourages me when they recounted my lessons, and remembered many of the things that I did for them, with them.

I hope many of the kids I teach, will teach. I would like them to make a difference to the next generation. I hope many of the kids I teach will be leaders. And I hope they will be good people, and leaders with heart and values. I hope there would still be energy and opportunity left for me, to yet make a difference for the kids.... I hope age will not be a great barrier....

I await the direction that I am still seeking......

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home