Saturday, June 19, 2010

Falling Leaves....




Falling Leaves


Sweeping wind,

Unleashing Storm

…..dispersing dreams…


Passing time

Swirling fears

Weakening strength

Diffusing years......




Pain Unseen

Tears Unshed

Words Untold

Cries Unheard
 

Weaving hopes

Waving hands

Warming hearts
 

…..Waning hence ....

 

This poem was penned 7 March 2000, 0700 hours, Paterson Road, on the way to school, seeing falling leaves in brewing storm... the year i was going to leave scgs... scgs was like a family to me...but personal circumstance led to this premature departure.... alot of things could not be said.... could only summed up many things in my life at that point with these 32 words...








This is the only poem (apart from those in this blog) that I wrote and kept. I dont write many poems, only at turning points...But as a literature student in Sec3 and 4, I wrote a few, and got a merit award at an international writing competition for 2 poems I submitted: Tranquility in Pain; and Trapped.



Unfortunately at a very low point, I tore away those few works... they were quite distinct actually...



hope to get inspiration to start my own collection, though i do prefer to write in chinese... in fewer words, it is more succinct...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home