Friday, June 18, 2010

Touch of Humour: 407 (2010)

Actually 407(2010) has very interesting and colourful characters... of course when it comes to chasing for work, u do have to chase.

The only thing Mr Yee said abt the class was, they are nice...there is only one problem... they dont hand in their work on time. I looked at him, abit incredulous. That is a BIG problem!!!

However, most of the lessons were quite lively and eventful, though i cant say i get as much accomplished as I would wish to. There are a couple of incidents that were quite funny, and must keep in record... actually quite a few... but i remembered only these 2:
----------------------------------------------------------
in one lesson, it was obvious to me the 2 chaps at the back were in a world on their own. One of them was grinning from ear to ear, and no normal person grins at math lesson! So i stopped and said:

" YX, why are you laughing?"

The response was rather quick.

" I was tickling myself."

????!!!????
----------------------------------------------------------
In another lesson, I was quite vehement about the need to show all intermediate steps.

I illustrated with an example, and this chap said, " But I can do that mentally."

I explained why it was necessary to be explicit in the working, and went on with another example, and the same chap said " I prefer to do that mentally."

It was rather annoying, especially when he does show his working most of the time, and the reminder was not for him.

The he proceeded to ask about a question related to math.

I ignored him, and went on with my lesson. 5 minutes later, I turned round to that chap, and asked him,

"So, did you understand my reply to your question?"

He looked at me bewildered, as did the class.

Then I said to him, "I replied you mentally. Didnt you get it?" :0ooo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
its been enjoyable teaching this class... and yes, i will miss them... nevertheless I am the temporary surrogate mother for mr yee, so the child must go back to his parent.

Now that term will start in a week's time, its going to be a new start again....hence reminiscing of events in the past sem...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home