Wednesday, June 16, 2010

chij motto...continue...





If ten, twenty, thirty years and more... you can look back and remember that your school has nurtured values in you, you remembered the motto, the educators of the past would be gratified.... and you are very fortunate!
Like me, you have a wonderful education, not built upon vain glories.
I remembered one interview i had with an independent school when it first started in Spore, I was asked certain questions, and i was open and frank with what i felt. I didnt want to give politically correct reply and be unhappy when i teach in the school.
I said to my interviewers, I will nurture the students the way I had been nurtured and cared. I will not take any action that will infringe the rights of a student. That was in 1989. That kind of statement at that time will never be accepted. Of course, I wasnt offered. And i have no regrets.
In all things to thy own self be true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
whether you have had such an education, if you are an educator, and values (and not kpi) is your inner vision, and you have the courage and sacrifice, then though you may not see or hear it now, there will be a voice like mine decades later that thank you for your heart in nurture and education. And a true educator will feel his/her life has brought meaning to some...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home