Friday, January 3, 2014

first post of 2014







three days into the year, and it has been placid, serene, and at peace....

6 hours into the year, I was at ecp hoping to catch the first sunrise of the year. I didn't get the position correct, but it was lovely seeing the changing hues of the sky.

today was an unexpected and exceptionally nice day. especially because it was unplanned. what was meant to be just a lunch, turned out to be a very pleasant 4 hours or so at changi village. the lovely natural setting, the long stretch of sand, the beautiful expanse of sea, the quiet touch of sea breeze, the swaying branches of stocky trees,,,,all made the afternoon a very special one. yes, and over the last 11 days, this is my 6th walk in a place of nature.

actually j and k have spent a lot of time with me during their vacation, and I deeply appreciate their company. I guess their being able to share my love of quietude and nature made for comfortable company. whatever, they have helped me venture beyond my comfort zone, and every venturing out is good.

am hoping to move forward into a clearer path with each passing day. but I wont be anxious. I just want to keep my focus..... a little something for a little someone each day. can be totally inconspicuous, but that suffices.

and today I swam one breadth continually. I hope it wont be too long when I can do one length.

and I skyped with G. Am very very  glad that finally, she is free, in a place called her own. And by now, she is almost 70. Thankfully, still sprightly.

perhaps my one tinge of regret was that to be at the countdown with 403. I should have.

it has been a good start. no resolution, no measurable aims for the year....

just remembering every day is a new beginning. I am grateful for the first 3 days of the year.

thus ends the first post of the year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home