Monday, July 22, 2013

And a little kindness goes a long way....

very unexpectedly, i receive a nice message from kyc encouraging me in my new embarkment. its especially sweet because it came during a low period for me.....

the cough which led to chest infection lasted two weeks... i guess i should have got earlier treatment but was hoping i would have enough resistance. finally got through via tcm, and really, it was a 'neater' way. I threw off the cough without any remnant cough. And without bronchitis and antibiotics for such a chesty cough, that was good. But it was very depressive to get so ill. And the whole of last week, practically, it was a migraine week with a couple of bad bouts. Disappointed that things got downhill so quickly.... but i guess it will take time to throw it off altogether. And doing so without western painkillers.

when one's frame is fragile, things are often seen in a darker light. and it doesnt help that often, i see things far ahead...with upheavals that is part and parcel of life......but i guess i have learn to do what is possible, that one cannot take steps all the time to ensure things for others, especially when strength is no longer what it used to be....

through the clouds, trickles of warmth make alot of differnce....

like the sweet message from kyc, a message i will keep for a very long time....

like the continual support from ttk, who has been more watchful over my earthly frame than myself, whose perceptiveness and kindess led to the much progress that i had made....

like the thoughtfulness of a good physician, who not only administer effective treatment, but went the extra mile to point me to ways to help myself improve my constitution, to be positive about oneself and was instrumental to my taking steps to pick up swimming and tcm...

like the consistency of bond with kt, this mentor-mentee bond, almost like a mother-son bond by now, over 8 years, that is now a real comfort to me....

like the little touching gestures from kuech and cl to remind me that these old classmates are still there if i need them....

and i think of the many kids......many of whom have a special spot in my heart, each time i see them, hear from them, it makes me feel that i could do some little thing for them.....and that means alot to me...

yes, all these things, all these kindnesses, however small, go a long way to make me feel warm and comforted.

one can be alone, and not be lonely. true. i am blessed indeed.... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home