Friday, November 25, 2011

This above all: to thine ownself be true

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same.
Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”
~~Don Williams Jr~~


"I shall pass through this world but once.

Any good, therefore, that I can show to any human being, let me do it now.
Let me not defer nor neglect it,for I shall not pass this way again."

~~Stephen Grellet~~

===================================================
With this, I bid my colleagues adieu in a farewell email. These four long years have truly seen many twists and turns. Students, for all their variability, have been the constant factor.

Now that I had bid my kids farewell, this is the last lap, to say goodbye to the adults. Because I am all on my own with my two cats, the school has actually been my family. So it is much harder than people realise. Very hard. There are a couple of close buddies that I will miss very much. Its not going to be the same. I know. But it is better to have loved, and lost, than not to have love at all. I am glad to have been close buddies with them.

There is a price to everything. I had taken a long time to arrive at this decision. In the end, weighing all things, I had to pay the price. And seeing how things are ahead, I have this feeling, I will opt for seclusion in the end.

Ideals and simplicity are costly. Because these are not valued or regarded. But, I am what I am.

"This above all: to thine ownself be true" ~ Hamlet, W. Shakespeare~
Take a deep breath. It pains now. But it will be okay. Just let enough time pass....hopefully this tunnel is not as dark, or as long...


=============================

its raining now... within, without...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home