Tuesday, November 22, 2011

and the kids graduate...

actually 'graduate' should be reserved for uni degree course. But now we have little 'graduates' from kindergarten to big 'graduates' from uni....

so well the kids graduate.

i was happy to see them do so. some still have that 'kiddish' look. some have grown taller. some hadnt. quite a few can see better (urm... well they didnt need glasses anymore), many have grown prettier...and they are as happy as ever!

four years to me, six years to them. What a wonderful way of growing up together. I like the valec speech. The stress of friendship, comradeship, holding hands moving forward. Nice.

Was I sentimental? Actually no. I cant say there is that sense of 'pride' that they had achieved. It wasnt any of their attainments that I am proud of. I was just happy to see them 'grown up'. I really like to see them! :)

If I was 'emo', it was at the school song bit. I always liked nush school song. It is very meaningful. And it will probably be the last time I am singing it. I really wish....

=========================

have seen and perceived alot more things these two days and am certain, decision has been right for myself. Its the kids that I have left behind that tugged at my heart. But that has been settled. Dont look back.

Now whats left? prom nite, reference letters, packing.... this is probably the hardest part....

and the first step to the less trodden path. I dont know where the path will lead. But I feel that sense of liberty. And simplicity.

No longer shackled to conjured grandoise, delusive glory, convoluted duplicity, lofty illusions.

=========================

Returning back to simple in virtue, steadfast in duty. This is the foundation of my education.

=========================

I hope the kids will value the foundation that had been laid, and built upon it, their aspirations, with diligence guided by a good conscience, and never allow covetousness, vain glory and pride to overtake them.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home