Friday, January 28, 2011

First Anniversary (Lunar Date)

To me and sk, it is 8 Feb. But its true mum always used the lunar calendar. Today is the first anniversary by the lunar date.



I had intended to go with sk on 8 Feb. But finally agreed to go with them today. sk didnt get leave to go. Was thankful that i managed to get stalks of flowers (artificial) for her. Mum loved floral arrangement. Those I chose was red cherry blossoms, delicate and pretty.



Personally i dont need to visit the graveyard to remember her. I realised however that this is an outlet to ease the feeling of pain for the one that is gone. S1, B1 and B2 all went to much trouble to buy her favourite food. B1 actually got her tiger beer. S1 cooked and boiled soup. Its ironic because S1 never cooked for her in her lifetime, and B1 never bought her anything much as far as I can remember. At least B2 took her out now and then.

I went more for 'unity'. I realised sk was right when she said actually all of them are more in touch with me, than her. Sufficient time has passed for things to settle within myself.

There must be closure. Its their way of making up. It wasnt easy for anyone in the turbulence of the past. I have a choice. I decided to make for peace.

They 'talked' to her. I stood by quietly. But I knew it mattered to them that I had gone along with them.

Mum is gone. There must be closure. I must let go of the past. I think that is what she would want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home