Sunday, January 9, 2011

Final stage of Packing

due to unforseen factors, the move did not take place as hoped last week. Hence I had procrastinated the last lap of packing....my table and my drawers, and my wardrobe.

There were very sad moments like when I saw a nice shirt I had bought last year and shown it to mum, when she was hospitalised at mt e. I told her that i would wear it for cny. She was always happy when i buy things nice to wear. And I did that to make her happy.

But i never got to wear it....she did not cross cny ...

since then it was tucked in a drawer. Cant describe that momentary heart breaking seconds. It was painful

Stepped into mums place this afternoon, and looked at every room... capturing my childhood...teenage...young adulthood... her place will be sold end jan... we will never be able to step in again...

mum loved cooking and had lots of cooking stuff... realised i should not just leave them behind to be dumped....

Good old Mr Soon has been fantastic... he has scolded me for quite a few things wrt the new place... but he will always stand by to help me. He will be packing the things in mum's place for me. He understood i couldnt do it. Mr Soon is extremely intelligent and the solutions he find to seemingly difficult problems is quite amazing. He remains unspoilt because he had no education. Yet he is really more 'educated' than most people.

Going through the cards and letters in the last few drawers is also poignant. I tore most away. No point. I must move forward.

This time next week, I should be at dakota. i do feel stronger and more ready to face things, many thanks to those that had kept me company and hence diffused the intensity of the emotions in this moving...

Looking ahead, moving forward, walking out of an abode of a lifetime soon... i hope i wont cry when i actually moved out....

tiger and brownee have also been quite stressed. Tiger has been sleep with me the last few nites which is very unusual. I hope they can adapt and will be happy in their new home. 5 days more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home