Thursday, December 16, 2010

Songs

Had a conversation recently about music and songs with someone... in describing some of the songs I liked in my era, I guess, they were mostly melancholic, pensive, but in particular the tune had character. I always felt they were meaningful, not sentiments for sentiment sake.

In my childhood to young adulthood, I never had a radio or tape recorder. Buying any of these items were extravagant. The first calculator itself was a birthday present from my friends at 17; the second, my dad brought it to hostel to me, and apologised that that was all he could give me...

I never thought it necessary to have music so instant. I was contented with the rediffusion. And you just hope and wish your favourite song will be played. And those songs that I like, I really loved them, and they had a lasting impression on me. Most of the lyrics I learnt by heart from listening...and sang to myself. I dont feel deprived. My friends had alot of things that I didnt have. But somehow, that never mattered to me.

That conversation stirred up alot of memories....that had tucked neatly away somewhere... It became alot more poignant at this time, when the closure to a chapter, a large and life-long chapter draws near with the move....


Having caught a few already, I thought I will capture a few more of my favourites, for my own listening pleasure. I know they too 'old', 'sad', and not to the palates of the present generation. But to me, they are full of flavour and character, and which helped me through my phases of life then....

Why all chinese songs? Somehow, they expressed my inner thoughts better? I love the language...

陳秋霞 - 第二道彩虹

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWjfPiGIgk&feature=related


和你偎依在細雨中 靜靜地期待著晴空
等待天際浮現彩虹 把我倆心貫通

儘管天上一度彩虹 瞬息已消失無蹤
還有那第二道彩虹 留在我倆心中

遙看那天際 浮現出彩虹 你可還珍惜那往日雨中
我和你站在 彩虹的兩端 一個在西 一個在東

我又徘徊在細雨中 默默地期待著晴空
天際浮現出彩虹 身邊有誰與共

遙看那天際 浮現出彩虹 你可還珍惜那往日雨中
我和你站在 彩虹的兩端 一個在西 一個在東

想那天上一道彩虹 可會是愛神箭弓
把我那第二道彩虹 帶到你的心中



秋诗篇篇-刘家昌

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqWVBPSxLwM&feature=related

深秋楓又紅 秋去留殘夢

我心付諸於流水

恰似落葉飄零

轉眼之間白雪遮晴空

寒風襲嚴冬

莫待櫻花盛開春來

也踏雪尋芳蹤

白雪遮晴空

寒風襲嚴冬

莫待櫻花盛開春來

也踏雪尋芳蹤


我家在那里-刘家昌

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCmj3VMdow&feature=related


南風又輕輕吹起 吹動著青草地

草浪緩緩推來推去 景色真美麗

夕陽也照著大地 綠草披上金衣

草浪夕陽連成一片 真叫人著迷

每當我經過這裡 忘掉一切憂慮

還有一條青青小溪 伴著青草地

順著小溪看下去 木屋站在那裡

那是我溫暖的家 我住在那裡



海鷗-刘家昌
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm9DptZv3gY&feature=related


海鸥 飞在 蓝蓝 海上 不怕 狂风 巨浪

挥着 翅膀 看着 前方 不会 迷失 方向

飞得 越高 看得 越远 它在 找寻 理想

我 愿像 海鸥 一样 那么 勇敢坚强



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home