Sunday, May 20, 2012

quote...

This quote appeared in my daily quote subscription:


"The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of."


Elegant and poetic. But that was not the reason why I was struck.


This quote was ascribed to Blaise Pascal. I learnt about him in my early Secondary school days both in physics with respect to pressure, and in math, pascal triangle....



Is this the same man? To me, he was that talented scientist and mathematician, amongst the elite in his field...too scientific to write something so poignant.



So, I read up his biography.... yes, its him.

==============================


Actually, unless one battles through it himself or herself, none will know that intensity of conflict and anguish in deep religious issues.


That was a generation that seek more deeply, not distracted by superficial electronic diversions that numb the mind....



dabrowski was really perceptive in his observations of gifted individuals and confirmed it by his research studies.... reading of pascal, of emily dickinson, of beethoven, of van gogh... actually, many of these gifted individuals, in whatever field they are gifted, really suffered for their gifts...with their deep intensity of thoughts and emotions...


============================


there is no answer to many things in life.


I am only thankful, to know, The Lord is my Shepherd, who leadeth me beside still waters.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home