Monday, July 25, 2011

ex-students....

In the last four hours, i heard from ex students from my first batch to not too far past....

one text me to confirm meeting up when she stopover next week, she is a mother of three;

one text me to inform me of her new-born baby, she is now 28, and was the first and only student thus far that i attended her marriage solemnisation... she said it mattered alot to her if i go... so i did... and she is teaching....;

one, 21, from blss, text me to ask to meet up for dinner;

met up with 3 others for dinner, actually these are my grown up tuition kids whom i knew since they were 13/14... one of whom will be leaving for uk for medicine...the other 2 older boys, now 22, are in the uni....

i suddenly remembered Louisa May Alcott's book, Jo's boys...actually, i rather like the whole series, Little women, Good Wives, Little Men and Jo's Boys. Its lovely to hear from them as they grow up.... I have to admit I never have much maternal instincts... I always felt I wont know how to be a good mother. I am content to be a teacher and see my kids grow into adulthood, motherhood...and for the boys, when they grow up, into fatherhood...

its gratifying to be still a part of their lives that they remember and still keep touch....thanks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home