Thursday, March 3, 2011

Be Positive!

Naturally critical people find it hard to be positive, except to do so just to contradict others. This is especially so for those who are high function in the rational mind.

Yes, I am naturally critical.

But thankfully, the love of teaching and lifetime experience taught me that a teacher must be positive. Children learn what they see. I want them to be positive. So, I have learnt to be positive. That in turn helps temper my critical faculty.

================================
Had been really despondent since Tuesday.

Last nite, my part-'night-marish' sleep returned. I had not been troubled by it since december. Woke with splitting head. Again had not had bad head for some time.

Cant seem to find a way out through my own thoughts.

Somewhere in the evening, during the break from my nie lecture*, (I am now addicted to ntu mc fillet which is super cheap there), I told myself:

Be positive. You cant change others (I must qualify, I mean adults. Kids you still can teach), and they will not change. Its beyond you. But you can change the way you take things. You can change your circumstance. You can adjust to new things. There are things you can change. And if you can make some positive change to those that are more needful, then that is positive.

True, its sad to let go dreams. Its sad not to fulfil life-long aspirations.

But I have alot, alot, alot more than what I had before. There had been much, much, much worse times. And then, there was so many factors to consider. Now, seriously, I have nothing that i need or want except to live life more meaningfully. There are many, many more paths.

=========================================
Be positive, no matter how down.
Be simple, no matter the complications.
Be happy, even when sad.
Contradictions, but I know its possible.
I am at peace with myself. I will keep positive! :D

* (my lecturer did a random stratified sampling check by calling names to answer questions. No attendance is taken for lectures. A few was caught mia. My name was called after break. haha, i was there! I am very proud of myself! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home