Sunday, January 3, 2016

A tranquil start....

It has been really a lovely start of the year, with the Coney Island visit. This was planned a few weeks back, now seemingly an annual event, the fourth for some of us, the third for most of the rest. Last year, the boat trip to Pulau Ubin made my day. This year, very unexpectedly, I actually got on a bike, though with trainer wheels attached. For one that has never cycled my whole life, this was quite a 'momentous' occasion! It was unplanned. I had thought I would just walk...but was easily encouraged to cycle.

I have to admit, the loveliness of Coney Island was not in focus. Whilst I was really thrilled that I could actually sort of cycle, and really enjoyed the experience, for me, what made this trip so unforgettable was the companions of this trip. The zhang family came along and that was good. Zh's advice for my beginning experience were crisp and subtle, as always, and came in handy. But what filled my heart with much warmth is the care, attentiveness, carefulness and watchfulness of J, K and L for ls, ky and myself. Though at several points, I was really scared because my sense of balance and coordination are poor, and the ground wasnt really smooth for a beginner cyclist, but I knew I was in good hands, many pairs of good hands.

To say I was touched is really almost an understatement. J, K and Ld are three persons that had been with me alot for the last 4 years and 8 years respectively, and to whom, I owe an immense debt just by their companionship, which is always with so much consideration. And that they watch over ky and ls as their own friends, so carefully, k piggy riding ls, I am very very touched. In some ways, in my whole life, the friendship of these three had been the most caring and touching, perceptive to my fears and unwellness....hadnt been well, with migraine coming back with a vengence. Perhaps its because they view me as an 'elder', that needed to tbe taken care of. All the more commendable. If this remains my only cycling experience, I wont want it any other way. And yes, I did fall. Twice. But happily fell, with good advice, and always helped out by caring hands.

And together with thc and lsc who are among some of the lovely people from nush, this day will stand in my memory as a day that I have been very happy. First day of 2016. Lovely.


===================
Second and third day of 2016

Visited mum, with the kind companionship of J and K, their second visit with me. This is the 6th anniversary on 8 Feb. Am much more at peace. Today, I visit dad. On 15 Jan, it would be the 17th anniversary. Yes, more at peace. I still wish, wish very much, that I was a much much better daughter. Had I the understanding of myself, of them, of circumstances that I have now....I cannot turn back time....I can only pay it forward and do what little good I can.

Hope to be more conscientious in exercise regime, and do what is needful to keep the physical frame going till the day be done. No one knows what a day can bring. No one knows how many more days, weeks, months, years. What good that can be done, including taking care of oneself for good to be done, I resolve to do. There is still work to be done.

And very gratefully, B remains on the mend and my constant companion.

====================
I am continually grateful for every good and mercies received. There be many things I have no understanding. I only know I am a pilgrim and a sojourner upon this earth. To those that helped me in the earthly path, I wish for the eternal good of your soul, for which I do pray continually.

This is a good tranquil start to the year, having tied up most of the things I needed to see to. Hope to keep more regular record for the year.

And to the two kids that had helped me start this blog, now into its 7th year, thank you. very much.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home