Sunday, September 4, 2011

life is short...

i dont usually buy newspapers. now and then the sat papers, as i did yesterday. And then, i didnt have the time to read it, was rushing for another presentation.... Finally about nearly 2am, more or less, i think i have prepared the crux.... so bedtime.

I thought, flip thru the papers... and that was when i saw the obituary. I knew her. She was my classmate. I was quite certain yet not certain. I was quite disturbed....

this morning, i text kuech to confirm. Yes its her. Cancer. Kuech said she didnt go as she had not spoken to her since school days, but some of our classmates did. I didnt know at all. My fault cos i chose to be out of touch. Kuech and mag are my remaining line of contact.

She was one of the 7 doctors from my class. I knew her from primary school days. She was not someone that would be noticed. But i remembered her well cos she was an average kid at the start, but by the time she reached P6, she took over the top in standard position from me, and from then, she worked hard to achieve. I cant remember when was the last time i spoke to her, definitely more than 20 years ago at least. I cant say she is someone I would be able to relate to, but she is self-motivated, and she became a doctor.


What hit home was, she died. My classmate. My age. I think it hit Kuech too. She text, life is short....


========================================


Many things came to mind....

In being seclusive, I had not kept in touch with some very nice people amoung my classmates and friends. I feel bad that I should only hear of them, at their passing....I must find time for people....


One realised that one is nearer to that final post. I asked myself, if that should be soon, would I have felt I have completed life's journey? I had to answer, No.


There are meaningful things I want to do, but have not..... I must not procrastinate for too long. Short term, for practicality, follow advice, however counterintuitive, and bite the bullet. But long term, i will follow my intuition, and serve meaningfully....hopefully to the end...


And i am still waiting for reconciliation.....


Finally, above all, I am grateful for faith to believe in the Lord. I sought for the truth since young. Life and death matters to me. The meaning of life, and of death. In the course of seeking, i entered into a labyrinth, and it took me more than 20 years to walk out of it. Whatever the systems men built, the Lord and the Scriptures does not change. Is it worthwhile? Yes it is.


Because all that is in this life will come to an end. And how many can say, I know my Redeemer liveth? Yea, though I walked through the valley of the shadow of deah, i will fear no evil: for thou art with me. Psalm 23.4.


I am very grateful to be kept in the faith, though I have been walking almost alone sometimes, for this past decade. Though it would be a lie to say one does not fear the unknown, yet truly, I know the Lord will not fail. All that put their trust in him shall not be ashamed.

====================================================

With what remaining days, live meaningfully for others....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home